Digital Yacht PilotLINK AIS Interface Class A [ZDIGPLINK]
PilotLINK is a wireless interface for Class A AIS systems. All Class A transponders share a common "Pilot Plug" connector that PilotLINK connects directly to via a 1m cable. PilotLINK then creates a wifi navigation network on board the vessel which allows AIS and GPS data from the Class A to be sent directly to any connected mobile devices such as phones or tablets. It's compatible with iOS and Android systems (depending upon app utilised) as well as PC & MAC based systems.
PilotLINK is stand alone and can operate from its internal, user replaceable, dry battery (PP3) for up to 15 hours. Alternatively, it can connect via a standard mini USB connector to any USB style power pack or AC/DC USB power adaptor that are readily available from many 3rd parties.
PilotLINK is compatible with a wide variety of iPhone/iPad or Android apps. iAIS is a free of charge app from Digital DeepSea which gives a basic AIS radar type display and target information, but to make the most of PilotLINK we recommend the use of a more full featured app aimed at comercial Pilots such as; iSailor (Transas), SEAiq Pilot and iNavX, or any other suitable 3rd party apps available through the Apple App store or Google Play on Android.
PilotLINK can also interface with a PC or MAC. Popular navigation programs such as SmarterTrack, SeaPro, RosePoint and MaxSea for PCs or macENC for a Mac are all compatible. PilotLINK ships with a complimentary copy of SmarterTrack Lite - a full featured AIS display program for Windows PCs.
- Wireless Interface for Class A AIS Transponders
- Reads GPS and AIS data directly from the transponders Pilot Plug
- Supports Bi-Directional communication for configuring the transponder
- Uses standard NMEA data for maximum compatibility with software applications
- Free iAIS App for iPhone, iTouch or iPad
- Complimentary copy of SmarterTrack Lite for PCs
- Creates a wireless access point with a typical range of 30m
- Transmits data via TCP/UDP link
- TCP allows single device connection while UDP allows multiple devices to receive the data
- Fully compatible with many popular Apps and Software programs
- Rugged handheld design can be fitted with optional rubber jacket
- Powered from internal 9v PP3 battery or optional external USB power source
Quick Guide (pdf)
Looking to install a Class B AIS then watch this 5 minute guide from Digital Yacht. What is AIS and how to choose the right transponder for your boat. Quick overview too on the AIT1500, AIT2000 and AIT3000
Class B AIS Tr...Looking to install a Class B AIS then watch this 5 minute guid...