McMurdo G8 SmartFind Manual - Category 2 - GNSS [23-001-002A]
G8 SmartFind Manual - Category 2 - GNSS
The McMurdo SmartFind G8 is the world’s first EPIRB to include 406MHz, 121.5MHz, and GNSS (better known as GPS) to accelerate search and rescue. The unique power of this beacon is in the flexibility and additional tracking capabilities long demanded by maritime customers. This will further reduce rescue times with the global location power of 406MHz.
- MEOSAR Compatible for faster Alert detection
- Global Alerting 406 MHz
- Four search and rescue frequencies (406MHz, 121.5MHz and GNSS)
- Multiple GSS (GPS) receivers for faster more accurate location detection
- Easy service battery
- 10-year battery life
- Compliance with the new United States emergency hands free transport mandate
- False activation protection
- Ruggedized base
- Activation Method: Manual
- Battery Replacement (Years): 10 Years
- Built-In Strobe: Yes
- Category: 2
- Floats: Yes
- Frequency: 406 MHz/GNSS/121.5 MHz
- Operational Life (Hours): 48 Hours
- Box Dimensions: 7"H x 7"W x 13"L WT: 2.7 lbs
- UPC: 658185002175
The new SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRBs offer users Accelerated Rescue via a unique combination of four search and rescue frequencies, with greater location accuracy through multi GNSS receivers and the world’s first EPIRB to contain the localised rescue power of AIS. Coupled with an unparalleled marine heritage, commitment to quality and a history of innovation, customers know they can trust McMurdo when their lives are on the line. *This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
World's First ...The new SmartFind G8 AIS EPIRBs offer users Accelerated Rescue...